One of the great things about buying gifts for triathletes is that there are so many options to choose from!
First, you have all the gear and accessories associated with three different sports. Then there are nutrition-related gifts, too, along with the tech to assist with training or monitor performance.
To help narrow down your search, we’ve put together this list of our top 16 gifts for triathletes, with great ideas for every budget.
Read on to discover a range of products that the triathlete in your life will love to receive!
The 16 Best Gifts For Triathletes in 2023
The Best Gifts for Triathletes
– Made from nylon fabric for extra grip, and available in 2 colorways
– Saves time in transition
Triathletes love this high-quality belt because it uses toggles instead of poppers to keep their number securely in place throughout events, even under a wetsuit.
It comes with three energy gel loops to keep nutrition within easy reach and is adjustable for a custom fit.
– Polarized lenses to filter glare, with UV protection
– Interchangeable lenses to suit different conditions
One of the best gifts for triathletes looking to increase their clarity of vision on sunny days, Oakley’s Half Jacket sunglasses can easily be adapted for different light conditions.
The flexible frames contour comfortably to the face and the grippy Unobtanium earsocks ensure they won’t slide or bounce, no matter how fast the pace.
#3. The Endurance Training Diet & Cookbook: The How, When, and What for Fueling Runners and Triathletes to Improve Performance
– Available for Kindle or in paperback, with 70 recipes and fueling guidance
– Boosts performance through nutrition
Eating the right foods at the right times is an important part of endurance racing and this book outlines the necessary combination of nutrients for different training phases.
Written by one of the best triathlon coaches in the world, it is packed with wholesome recipes that are easy to prepare and taste good too!
– Eco-friendly, stuffed with silica, and super absorbent
– A fun and affordable gift idea
Capable of drying footwear in as little as 4 to 6 hours, these soft fabric bananas work without the need for heat or electricity.
Also ideal for wetsuits and other water sports equipment, they make a versatile gift and come with airtight packaging for storage, so they are always ready to use.
– With heavy-duty locks for intense athletic sessions and available in a wide range of colors
– The best budget gifts for triathletes
Using these high-quality lock laces is a great way to save valuable seconds in the transition from one event to the next during a race.
Expandable to allow the triathlete to slide their foot in and out, they feature a button for the quick adjustment of tension and hold laces firmly in place so they won’t come undone.
– Made from 100% recycled materials, with an attached hood and thumbhole cuffs
– A great waterproof jacket for moderate conditions
Made with a woven DriLayer Seal fabric, this lightweight running jacket protects against cool breezes and moisture whilst effectively venting excess heat.
The hood can be conveniently snapped out of the way when not in use, and there are snaps at the front, too. These allow the full-length zipper to be lowered without the jacket flapping around.
– Designed to enhance aerodynamic performance, with internal channels to control airflow
– Crash protection without the weight
Any triathlete will be delighted to receive this top-quality helmet from POC Sports, a Swedish company leading the way in developing new protective technologies for cycling.
At less than 200g, it is one of the most lightweight cycling helmets on the market and is so well-ventilated that it remains comfortable in even the warmest conditions.
– Made with a quick-drying Italian Primo fabric for compression, ventilation, and moisture management
– Comfortable and supportive for every event
A tri suit is one of the best gifts for triathletes as they will wear it throughout every stage of their training or race.
The Core Aero Triathlon Suit from Zoot fits like a second skin whilst allowing full freedom of movement, featuring handy pockets for storage and a cam lock zipper with soft-finish binding.
– 100% waterproof outer, multiple pockets for storage, and oversized to fit over coats or kits
– A versatile gift for triathlons and other outdoor activities
It may not be considered a triathlon essential, but gifting a warm and cozy changing robe like the fabulous Dryrobe Advance is a great way to show you care!
Designed for open-water swimmers, it provides a bit of privacy for changing into or out of swim gear, and has a warm fleece-lined inner for drying off quickly.
– 100% silicone, with anti-fog lenses and a wide viewing range
– Designed to give triathletes an edge in competition
TYR’s Special OPs goggles are a firm favorite with competitive swimmers and filter out 99.9% of the surface glare that can cause eye fatigue.
The polycarbonate lenses provide full UVA and UVB protection whilst the hypoallergenic Durafit silicone gaskets feel comfortable and create a watertight seal.
– Lightweight and responsive with excellent support
– A comfortable shoe that’s built for speed
Saucony running shoes make great gifts for triathletes and the Endorphin Pro 2 is one of our favorites, with its signature S-curve carbon-fiber plate that propels runners forward with ease.
There is just the right amount of cushioning for comfort without sacrificing energy return, so it’s easy to reach a faster pace without feeling fatigued at the end of the run.
– 100% wireless, with smart notifications plus ANT+ Radar Integration to see the proximity of cars approaching from behind
– Provides live GPS navigation and tracks workouts
Everyone loves a gadget and the Elemnt Bolt is one of the best out there for triathletes, making it possible to store maps, navigate routes, and pair with other devices to get the most out of training.
The 2.2″ color screen is crisp and vibrant, the battery life is exceptional, and it even has cool features like ‘Back on Track’ and ‘Route to Start’ to give riders the confidence to explore new areas.
– Ironman and USA Triathlon approved, with a comfortable fit and streamlined body
– A great wetsuit designed for triathletes by triathletes
Wetsuits make great gifts for triathletes who regularly swim in cold water and XTERRA makes some of the fastest and most buoyant around!
The suit liner stretches in all four directions for flexibility and then returns to its original structure, meaning this is a gift that will continue to fit well through multiple events without losing its shape.
– Built-in activity profiles for triathletes, up to 1 week of battery life, and designed to withstand any environment
– The perfect aid for training and recovery
The Forerunner 745 is an advanced GPS triathlon and running smartwatch that delivers detailed training stats and animated on-screen workouts.
It gives guidance on recovery times to optimize performance, measures heart rate, monitors sleep, and can even be used to make contactless payments on the go.
– Fragrance-free, vegan-approved, and made with allergen-free plant-derived ingredients
– Prevents rashes, blisters, and raw skin
Any triathlete will tell you that chafing from the repetitive movements associated with running, cycling, and swimming can be miserable to deal with, especially during a race.
This long-lasting and non-greasy balm is the answer, minimizing friction while allowing the skin to breathe and sweat to escape.
– Feels natural, operates quietly, and works with a variety of popular training apps
– Made for training indoors in the winter months
This may be the most expensive gift in our guide, but for the dedicated triathlete, it’s a lifesaver when harsh weather conditions can prevent outdoor training.
As close as you can get to the real thing, it uses dynamic inertia to simulate an outdoor ride.
It also works with Tacx software or the Zwift app to vibrate when riding on surfaces like cobblestone and gravel.
The Best Gifts for Triathletes: Key Takeaways
Whether it’s to improve their race performance, help with training, or simply make life easier, all these gifts for triathletes are helpful, practical, or just plain fun!
We hope you’ve found this guide useful in choosing that perfect present for someone special!