Treadmills can be an excellent tool for getting the miles in during your marathon training; in this post, we look at the best treadmills for marathon training.
While most runners prefer to get outdoors, sometimes it’s simply not that easy. Weather, temperature, and time constraints can make it impractical to go outside – so naturally runners look for other options.
Having a treadmill in the garage or basement can allow you to train efficiently at home, without having to take the extra steps required to train outdoors or at the gym.
How better to follow this plan than by measuring these metrics precisely on a treadmill?
I’ve spent a lot of time on treadmills (I once did an 8-hr treadmill run) – whether it’s due to poor weather outside, travelling, or just trying to squeeze in a quick run – treadmill running can be an awesome tool for any distance runners-in-training.
Related: The Best Smart Treadmills
Best Treadmills for Marathon Training
Here’s my run-down of some of the best treadmill options for marathon training.
- Powered by a 2.0HP motor, the ZR8 has a maximum speed of 16kph (10mph), which makes it ideal for both short, high-intensity sprints and long endurance runs. The intensity of the run can be further tailored by the 12 levels of electronic incline. The unique ZigTech cushioning system will take care of dispersing the impact energy across the length of the running deck, helping to protect your joints.
- To ensure you are kept motivated and challenged, the treadmill console can deliver up to 24 varied fitness programs designed by our master trainers to take you from a gentle jog to a mountainous hill climb, depending on how far you want to take it. To help you reach your fitness goal you can plug your mobile phone into the integrated speakers and blast out your favourite motivational tracks.
- The console will help you keep track of how you are progressing by providing detailed feedback on your calories burned, duration of the run, distance travelled, current speed, elevation and heart rate – using the integrated hand pulse sensor built into the hand rests.
- Even though the ZR8 is a relatively compact treadmill, it’s running area of 126 x 41cm is more than spacious enough for runners over 6’3”. The running deck has been rigorously tested to provide a maximum user weight of 120kg. To make the treadmill even more space conscious, the soft drop folding technology allows you to fold the running deck up when not in use.
- The ZR8 comes with a peace of mind Reebok 10-year motor, lifetime frame, and 2-year parts and labour warranty as standard. The treadmill comes with easy to follow assembly instructions and a dedicated Reebok UK freephone helpline and online chat, should you require any assistance.
- Powered by a 2.5 HP motor, the Jet 300 treadmill has a maximum speed of 20 kph (12 mph); the intensity of the run can be further enhanced by the 15 levels of electronic incline
- The unique Air Motion cushioning system built into the running deck reduces the impact of your foot strike across multiple air-filled pockets for a more comfortable running experience
- To ensure you are motivated and challenged, the treadmill console can deliver up to 24 varied fitness programs designed by our master trainers to take you from a gentle jog to a mountainous hill climb
- To help you reach your fitness goal you can plug your mobile phone into the integrated speakers and blast out your favourite motivational tracks; switch on the cooling fan for a relaxing breeze
- Download and sync the Reebok fitness app with your new treadmill to track progress, set real-world running routes and watch as the treadmill responds to the conditions of your chosen route
- 【Powerful 1.5 HP Motor】A smooth and quiet 1.5HP treadmill motor supports speeds ranging from 0.8 – 12 KM/H (0.5 – 7.5 MPH), with minimal noise and maximum power, ideal for home workouts without disturbing your family or neighbors.12 preset programs and 3 count-down modes will help you meet a variety of fitness goals. You will enjoy jogging, walking, running & cardio workout at home.
- 【Functional & Large Console with Speakers】The BTM W501 electric treadmill is equipped with clear digital LCD display at the front， allowing you to easily monitor your time, calories, distance, speed and heart rate. The walking and running machine Includes entertainment device shelf, a USB port, AUX port， two speakers and two cup holders.
- 【Convinient Quick Buttons & Secure Workout】Use the console and handrail controls to instantly start or stop the running machine and make swift adjustments to speed while you’re working out. Built-in safety key ensures instant shut off in emergencies.
- 【Anti-slip Lawn Texture Running Belt】Designed with a high-density lawn texture belt that absorbs shock for premium comfort with non-slip feature for maximum safety. The large 4-layer running belt (size: 1100 x 400 mm) leaves users with plenty of space to comfortably walk, run or sprint. Max user weight: 110kg.
- ★【Quality Assurance】BTM fitness treadmill is built with high quality materials designed to last for years to come. It comes in a flat package with clear instructions provided. You can set up it effortlessly in just 2 minutes. We offer a 2-year guarantee. Product size: L140*W60*H109cm; Folding size: H124cm*L75*W60; Product weight: 29kg.
- Walking and Running Mode: Two exercise modes and adjustable speed of up to 12km/h to meet your preference
- Remote and Touch Control: You can turn on/off the machine or adjust the speed by using the remote control or touch control panel
- Foldable Design for Easy Storage: Save space by storing the machine under the bed or sofa
- Built-In Bluetooth Speaker: Make the workout more enjoyable by playing your favorite musics while exercising through the integrated bluetooth speaker
- Powerful 2.25HP Quiet Motor: The powerful 2.25HP quiet motor gives you a quiet environment while saving energy. It efficiently reduces shock and is totally installation-free.
- Lifetime motor warranty, Fully 2 year warranty on frame and parts
- Powerfull 600 watt Motor
- 12 Auto programs and manual program
- On board computer with LED Display (Time, Speed, Distance, Calories, Scan Mode)
- Folds away for easy storage
Which features are important to you when looking for a treadmill? Which model are you currently checking out? Anything to recommend to me – what do you think the best treadmills for marathon training are?
Leave a comment below!
Take Your Running Further With Our Resources...
Half Marathon Resources
Marathon Training Resources
Ultramarathon Training Resources