The Boston Marathon Medal Has Had A Major Design Change And It’s Left Runners Disappointed

The unveiling of the latest Boston Marathon finisher medals has stirred discontent among participants, with many expressing disappointment over the prominent display of corporate branding.  The addition of a sizable Bank of America logo to the bottom of the medals has raised questions about the race’s evolving identity and the impact of corporate sponsorship. Traditionally, … Read more

MTA Seeking $750,000 For NYC Marathon Runners To Use Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge

Heads are butting between the New York City Marathon and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).  The transit agency is demanding a hefty toll from the organizers of the New York City Marathon for using the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge during the event. The demand, totaling $750,000, has sparked outrage and debate over fair compensation and financial responsibility. … Read more

Beatrice Chebet And Jacob Kiplimo Crowned Back-To-Back Winners At World Cross Country Championships

This weekend, the world’s best runners gathered in Belgrade, Serbia, for the 2024 World Athletics Cross Country Championships. With stacked lineups, both the men’s and women’s races had the potential to be a battle for the ages, and they certainly didn’t disappoint. If you missed catching the action live, here’s what you may have missed … Read more

Didn’t Get into the New York City Marathon? Here’s Four Excellent Races that You Can Run Instead

After the New York Road Runners (NYRR) revealed that after receiving nearly 165,000 applications for the lottery, only 4% were offered entry into the race. While the odds of getting a positive email from NYRR yesterday were only 1 in 24, another 23 in 24, or 96%, of people are now left without a November … Read more

World Athletics Cross Country Championships: Preview And How To Watch

This weekend, the world’s best runners will gather in Belgrade, Serbia, for the 2024 World Athletics Cross Country Championships. We’ve got everything you need to know about the event, the storylines to watch for, and how to tune in. Preview of the Senior Women’s Race: Defending Champion Chebet Faces Strong Competition The women’s race at … Read more

The 2024 Barkley Marathons Results: Meet The Athletes Who Crushed The Race That Eats Its Young

The headlines have been everywhere: The 2024 Barkley Marathons were the most historic edition to date. This year, the Barkley Marathons began Wednesday, March 20, at 5:17 p.m. local time (EDT), and following 60 hours of brutal racing in the crucible that is Frozen Head State Park in Tennesee, the race saw a historic number … Read more

Qualifying Standards For The World Athletics Championship Marathon Just Got Impossibly Hard

Recent leaks on social media have unveiled the upcoming changes to the marathon entry requirements for the 2025 World Athletics Championships scheduled to be in Tokyo.  These adjustments indicate a significant toughening of the men’s and women’s marathon qualification criteria. For the women’s marathon, the entry standard is set to drop by three minutes and … Read more

Karoline Bjerkeli Grøvdal breaks Third Place Streak At United Airlines NYC Half Marathon

Karoline Bjerkeli Grøvdal from Norway and Abel Kipchumba from Kenya emerged victorious in this morning’s challenging United Airlines NYC Half, clocking in at 1:09:09 and 1:00:25, respectively.  Grøvdal, a distinguished three-time European Athletics cross-country champion, made history by becoming the first European woman to claim victory in the race since Mara Yamauchi of Britain in … Read more

Sound Running’s The TEN Sees Fastest 10,000m On U.S. Soil And 12 Runners Under Olympic Standard

The 2024 edition of Sound Running’s The TEN boasted one of the deepest fields in any American 10,000m race. The event unfolded under the lights on a crisp Saturday evening in Southern California with no shortage of thrilling storylines.  The favorable conditions of mild temperatures in the mid-50s and minimal winds at just 3 mph … Read more

Yomif Kejelcha Comes Just Shy Of World Record At Loredo 10K

The Laredo 10K has become renowned for attracting some of the world’s fastest distance runners. The circuit in the Cantabrian town in Spain is among the flattest in the world, setting the stage for athletes looking to beat their records. The 2024 edition, held today, was no different, with two of the most decorated athletes … Read more

PREVIEW: 2024 United Airlines NYC Half Marathon

The New York Road Runners (NYRR) is set to host over 25,000 participants at the 2024 United Airlines NYC Half Marathon. The race, which takes place this Sunday, March 17, will take runners along a 13.1-mile route beginning in Brooklyn, over the Manhattan Bridge, through Times Square (one of only two times it is closed … Read more