Here’s our awesome recipe for no-bake runner’s energy balls!
Looking for a quick, no-fuss, homemade running snack?
Finding a cheap and easy source of slow-burn energy can often be a challenge for runners.
Our Runner’s Energy Balls recipe takes 5 minutes to throw together, and provides an all-natural source of slow burning energy.
They’re a great source of fast carbs and fat, the two fuel sources we need when we’re running.
The peanut butter and cacao nibs leave them tasting like a cookie, while the oats and seeds help fuel your workout.
The best part?
They’re made entirely of things you already have in your kitchen cupboard!
Here’s how to make them!
No-Bake Runner’s Energy Balls – Ingredients (makes 4-6 balls):
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (change for honey for a non-vegan option)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Pinch of sea salt
No-Bake Runner’s Energy Balls – How To Make Them:
The best part of this recipe is how simple it is to make these energy balls!
1. Combine all ingredients into a sturdy bowl
2. Mix them together with a spoon or fork
3. Using your hands, roll the mixture into bite-sized balls
4. Store them in the fridge, in a paper-lined tupperware, until ready to eat!
I find these balls to be the perfect boost I need before heading out the door for a 1-2hr run around the trails!
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know what you thought below!