Do you ever feel like running takes up most of your free time?
If that sounds familiar, it’s possible that you sometimes struggle to find the time to work on your love life. If this is your case, then why not use your favorite pastime as a chance to find the one with our list of running pick up lines?
After all, who’s going to understand what makes you tick better than a fellow runner? The benefits of couples running together are widely known and could make for some excellent company on the road or trails.
In this article, we’ll take you through some of the best running pick up lines to try out when you’re out and about. Some of them are cheesy, some of them are sleazy, and some of them are just plain silly. But what have you got to lose?
Sure, maybe you’d rather strike up a conversation without resorting to pick up lines — but if you’re ever lacking inspiration, we’ve got you covered. Just bear in mind that there are some things you need to know if you’re dating a runner.
But that’s enough dilly-dallying; let’s go through some of the slickest and sickest running pick up lines out there.
The Cheesiest opening gags
Sometimes it’s best not to take yourself too seriously. With this list of cheesy clangers in your arsenal, you might sometimes make a fool of yourself, but maybe you’ll strike gold.
1. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I do another lap around this track?
2. I’m not sure if it’s this workout, or if you just took my breath away.
3. You can stop running after your dreams — I’m right here.
4. Where do you usually go jogging? Because you’ve been running around my mind a lot lately.
5. Do you often run in a team? Because I relay like you.
6. Roses are red, violets are blue, do you mind if I run next to you?
7. Hold on for a second, I need to tie my laces. I don’t want to fall for anyone except you.
8. When it comes to love, I’m in it for the long run.
9. You can call me Miles, because I want you to complete me.
10. I’m no photographer, but I can picture us running together.
11. You’re hotter than the first week of cross country practice.
12. Hey, my name’s Garmin. Will you take me running every day?
13. Is your name Charity? Because my heart is racing for you.
14. You run faster than my nose during allergy season.
15. What size running shoes are you wearing? Because I think we could be sole mates.
16. I was just reading an article about the most scenic places to go running, and number 1 was “Anywhere near you“.
17. I might be a jogger, but if you date me, I’ll never run away from you.
18. Hey, are you tired? Because you’ve been running through my mind all day.
Sure, you’ve probably heard that last one plenty of times before, but that’s because it’s a stone-cold classic — we did warn you they were gonna be cheesy!
For something a little slicker, check out the opening gambits we’ve got listed for you below:
The Slickest intro lines
Picture this: you’re down at the park, warming up before a light jog, when you spot the person of your dreams across the path from you, doing the exact same thing. What do you say to them? How do you strike up some conversation?
Well, if you’re after a smooth introduction, we’ve got you covered. Here are some of the slickest running pick up lines, collated for all of your romantic needs.
19. So apart from being a running gear model, what else do you do?
20. Your PR isn’t the only number I want.
21. You don’t need reflective gear — nobody would miss you.
22. Your pace or mine?
23. My doctor told me not to get my heart rate over 160, but I guess he didn’t know that I’d be bumping into you.
24. There are two ways to get your heart rate up: you could either run really fast, or I could pop my shirt off.
The Naughtiest Pick up lines to try out (at your own peril)
If you’re up for trying something a little more risqué, we’ve got plenty of options for you. Just don’t blame us if things go south!
Let’s look at a few slightly ruder running pick up lines.
25. Do you like speed work? Because I’m always up for a quickie.
26. Are you sure that running vest is working? Because you look hot!
27. Are you my training plan? Because I’ll go for as long as you tell me to.
28. I like it dirty… you see, I’m a trail runner.
29. Do you fancy a hill rep session? Because I’d love to go up and down with you.
30. Is that an energy bar in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
31. I can think of a better way that we could be getting sweaty.
32. Hey, are those running tights you’re wearing reflective? Cause I can see myself in your pants.
33. Do you want to check out my spikes in private?
Dive in and find your perfect running partner!
What are you waiting for? If you’re looking for love and already love running, why not combine the two? And now that you know the cheesiest, sleaziest, and slickest running pick up lines out there, we hope you’ll be able to meet your perfect running partner.
Now, those last few lines might not be for everyone… but at least you’ll have all bases covered if you want to ramp up the flirting.
If you’re keen to see some more wholesome, but equally funny running content, check out our list of funny marathon sign ideas. Hey, maybe your newfound chat-up lines will help you meet the perfect person to cheer on from the side lines!
And if you don’t, at least you’ll be out keeping healthy and fit!
Take Your Running Further With Our Resources...
Half Marathon Resources
Marathon Training Resources
Ultramarathon Training Resources